About the PTO
this is your organization...
The Cherokee Heights Middle School PTO is a volunteer-led, nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization. All members of the school community are welcome in the PTO, including parents and guardians, educators, students, and neighbors.
Meetings occur once a month (Wednesday evenings) during the school year, but there's no need to attend meetings to get involved. We all know that life is busy so we want you to be involved in our school community in a way that is meaningful and well-balanced for your family. You may choose to volunteer at school (please stop by the office to complete a volunteer form), attend PTO meetings, contribute your time or talents, donate funds or develop a partnership with your child’s teacher. It all matters! We want your experience in this community to feel good for everyone!
Examples of CHMS PTO efforts include:
- a supply closet with needed food and personal items to support our students
- teacher appreciation events
- school dances and social activities for students
- special events with information about parenting tweens and teens
- fundraising for classroom and school projects, and more.
No matter your interests, time, or talents, there's a place for you in the PTO.